5.09.2011

nutmeg.


Trying to adapt or casually drink black coffee? A few months ago I was raving about cinnamon, but I have a new favorite.  It has become pretty trendy to use spices as coffee flavoring in place of sugar, etc.  Trendy enough, that Starbucks and Panera all provide an assortment of the usual sugars and creams, chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla and my new favorite nutmeg.  A light roast with nutmeg on top is actually amazing, my drink of choice this finals season.  Nutmeg, I think actually enhances the flavor of the coffee, while adding the spice component.  Whereas cinnamon, just floats around and you taste a chunk of it every few sips and it's actually not that great, you just tell yourself it rocks and sip away.  My suggestion, skip the cinnamon, do a light roast with nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment