8.16.2010

The Importance of Being Thankful

My dad has always stressed the importance of writing Thank You notes.  Thank You's can strengthen a good personal impression and also keep you fresh in the recipient's mind.  Most importantly, with just a few sentences you can express gratitude.  I don't believe that all favors - or dinners at a friend's house - are necessary of a written note - this is when my dad might disagree with me.  But I believe that some gesture of gratitude, whether an email or facebook message, is never out of line.  After a job interview, lunch meeting for career advice, or receiving a present...just a few sentences can express gratitude.
Lined envelopes are the best...my favorite stationary ever is Crane single-ply yellow notes with yellow envelopes that were lined with a fun multi-colored print.  Of course, I could only find a half pack in my mom's dresser.  These bee cards aren't as great, but they'll easily do the trick for my Thank You's.

No comments:

Post a Comment