4.18.2011

chic noise

Every college student struggles with studying.  With so many distractions and constant overstimulation it can make it extremely difficult to study for that big exam.

Next time you cannot focus, try Simply Noise.  Many have heard of white noise, this is commonly known as the sound of static or television without a signal.  There are many types of white noise and many are believed to be beneficial for our brains, especially for focus.  Noise can be helpful for - sleep aid, privacy, block distractions, soothe migraines, increase focus, reduce stress and mask tinnitus.

Simply Noise is a free online color noise generator, that generates not only white, but brown and pink noise. Brown and pink noise are similar/forms of white noise, but known to be more calming and relaxing.

This may all sound silly, but I really recommend using brown noise for studying, I have not used pink noise enough to really comment on it.  Brown noise has worked really well for me and many of my friends, however, I would recommend using headphones.  I have noticed when I take my earphones out from using brown noise, you have a temporary high/very productive/focused period that lasts a few minutes.  It's a great feeling especially if you have to walk back from the library late at night or early in the morning before a big exam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment