2.26.2010

Decisions...Just one big one.

I held two acceptance letters.  One of them from the Princeton of the West, the other from the Stanford of the East.  Oh, the paper was so heavy and at least 50% cotton!  The letter printed on the infinitely sustainable paper had a watermark of a cyclohexane molecule with 5 methyl substituents.  The other letter came not in an envelope, but a reusable shopping bag for organic produce.  At which school would I want to learn to be a responsible recycler (amongst other life skilllls)?  Two such promising choices...

Such deliberation slims in comparison to the wobbling I went through when deciding the color of my new Hunter wellies.
I first fell in love with the silver ones.  I like shiny things and I like rain boots.  What's a winning-er combo?

I finally decided it was too much of a good thing and I'd probably tire of the silver color.  In the words of happy sport, they look like they belong on the tin man.

Next, I saw the new turquoise Hunter's.  Te amo.  What a color!
I don't have too many clothes that complement bright turquoise- so this pair would be difficult to wear for the weeklong monsoons we occasionally receive in Williamsburg.  Second pair?

Finally, I fell in love with the glossy violet.
Unfortunately, so did every other girl, shoe size 8!

So many beautiful choices, but I decided on the ultimate classic welly.  Something that will make me stand out amongst the sea of hunter green Hunter's...


If only they were glossy yellow.  Glad they're free shipping, free returns...just in in case.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT -- Ahhh I am so excited you ended up with yellow!! I loved reading that post, I really need to work on mine, there was so much suspense!!
    Yellow = classic and they will stand out in the sea of green Hunter land on your way to class.

    ReplyDelete