11.30.2010

Cinnamon Coffee

Gooooood byee creamer, skim milk, half-half, whole milk, fake milk all of it. Helllo dark, strong, black coffee at only four calories a serving plus caffeine.  My dad keeps reminding me that coffee not only turns your teeth funky colors, but when you add lovely cream and sugar it also causes cavities.  I may not eat a lot of candy and avoid sugary foods for the most part, but my coffee habits sometimes contradict this lifestyle as my dad pointed out at breakfast over break.  As a college student, I can admit I am a coffee addict, I have to have multiple cups a day and the habit is taking a chunk out of my bank account.  I have managed to wean myself off the mochas, white chocolate mochas, skinny nonfat hazelnut lattes, grasshoppers.  Sugary coffee drinks require special occasions and my dad did not accept vacation as a special occassion when I justified adding sugar to my coffee at breakfast.  Nowadays, I enjoy a great Americano or Cafe au Lait (Not Starbucks style. You must clarify when you order one because Americans are confused.).  Currently, I am adjusting to simple black coffee with cinnamon.  It has not been too bad and I am beginning to love it.  People say you cannot love black coffee, but the transition is underway and my dad will be happy.  My teeth my have some coffee stains that I can take care of, but cavities are a different story and I want to stay cavity free my whole life!  Cheers to no cavities and being skinny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment