11.12.2010

Slow Carb, Slow Progress?

Pledge formal is fast approaching...slow carbs = fitting into my beautiful cream/white dress? YAY!  I've been pretty successful (since Monday, hehe) with the slow carb diet - eat all the legumes, green vegetables and lean meats you want and don't eat carbs/sugars - until I researched the glycemic index of popcorn and it's questionable as a slow carb-acceptable food.  Beans supposedly fill you up and replace carbs to boost energy. Eggs, especially egg whites, are necessary for breakfast variety.  Fruits break down into sugars and so are discouraged.  Carbs and any food that is white or can be white are off limits, except following exercise.

Other than my weak spot for Simply Salted popcorn, I may have overindulged in chips and quesadillas after soccer. Eating at the less than/much less than Chipotle here, AKA Zoca, my repeated "burrito" bowl of black beans, chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cilantro and pico has been less than thrilling. Sometimes I ask for extra cilantro, sometimes I ask for extra onion, sometimes I ask for extra beans instead of rice...And that's when the Zoca lunch lady gets sassy and all types of Spanish spicy: "You get one scoop of beans." I doubt she can even speak Spanish. But not like I can either...but is she learning Chinese?! Therefore, I should get that extra scoop of beans. Did I mention, I'm not eating carbs?!! I do feel like I have more energy and am eating less crap AKA everything in the dining halls that has been "prepared." No more questionable carbby, fried food substances.

I'm super excited for Saturday/Sunday. Why you ask? PLEDGE FORMAL! Annnnddd that's the day of the week that I'm designating as eat anything day. Part of supposed slow carb success (not seen here yet) is to eat all the crap you can't eat the other 6 days. This "healthy" binge keeps your metabolism accountable and actually able to continue losing weight while eating responsibly AKA NO CARBS! Must find guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment