3.07.2010

April showers bring Burberry Taffeta.

Let's face it, it rains a lot during April and especially in Ithaca because there is a permanent gray sky majority of the time. So to prepare for this spring, I have made the executive decision a new raincoat is needed. A cute one, my Marmot is very functional, but lacks in the cute category. It is good for a run or spring hike, not going to class. I am looking for a fun, cute, good price and functional raincoat for this spring.

My friend M was talking about the Burberry raincoat her mom is getting her in NYC this week, basically my dream raincoat. I am not sure what one she is getting, but I can't wait to see it. I found this taffeta one that I fell in love with; so gorgeous and Burberry! Plus most girls on campus seem to go for the longer or quilted Burberry so M's will be different. I love the taffeta raincoats! Can't wait to see hers.


$695.00....hmmm someday?


More realistic is this American Apparel take on a Burberry's Taffeta raincoat. I love the green and the drawstring.


$85.00


Ahhh the joys of living in Ithaca, at least I can get a new raincoat out of it
-- "Ithaca is Gorges!"

2 comments:

  1. agreed. is taffeta waterproof?

    what about the classic trench? too stuffy? my friend has a Calvin Klein one...so cute!

    I had a khaki coat like the AA one and loved it...of course I lost it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they call it the taffeta raincoat(both Burberry and AA), the websites say it is waterproof. I really think I am going to order the AA one.

    ReplyDelete