3.07.2010

Diet Experiment: Beyonce Diet -- The Master Cleanse



My friends W and C just finished their Division I basketball season which required intensive dieting and training, it has finally ended and they are so excited! They are even more excited to get their bodies back to the weight they are comfortable with for spring break! They call it the "Beyonce Diet"--she admits using it to lose weight for a movie -- which requires only liquids and no exercise. Quick summary, "a concoction of fresh lime or lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper mixed with water," that is consumed 6 - 12 times a day, along with an "herbal laxative tea... taken twice a day, and no other food is consumed." You follow this for 3 - 10 days.
http://themastercleanse.org/

"I was cranky," Beyonce admitted to Oprah about her emotional state while on the Master Cleanse diet fast. -- hope that doesn't happen to W and C!

I have read before that it is healthy to occasionally cleanse your body by fasting for a day, but I have never known someone to do it to this extent. I do not think it will work because it is not long term weight loss and they will be so hungry! I wish them luck and can't wait to see the results!

---

Day 1 - C has already quit, W is still strong!

Day 2 - W resisted all the urges and is sticking with it. She did admit it was much harder today and really can't wait for it to be over!

Day 3 - W DID IT!!! I am so proud of her and obviously very jealous. She lost 10 pounds! Tomorrow she is going to introduce liquids and go from there. I am debating trying this, I really do not want to feel fat on spring break! This is crash dieting 101, but it works.

Day ?? - W has barely been eating anything and working out and has put on 6 lbs... so much for beyonce?

I personally tried this as well over the weekend, only lasted 2 days! It is tough, I dropped some pounds, but I know they will be back. So much for the miracle diet :(

2 comments:

  1. Won't they re-gain the weight if they return to normal eating habits? I feel like after I went on a week-long cleanse I would eat EVERYTHING and lose all the benefits from the concoction drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well W is using this as a way to jump start her diet. I can see that approach, honestly she has the willpower to do it. I really can't. I am pretty sure I will be envying her in 2 week because she did it.

    ReplyDelete