3.04.2010

A tribute: the story of three pairs of rain boots.

This story begins sometime ago on a Georgetown shopping trip.   Equestrian Sailor and I enter J. Crew and began to browse, when all of the sudden Equestrian Sailor discovers the most amazing rain boots ever!! Pink flamingos!!  To make it even better, the boots were on sale!!  Then, we discovered more rain boots...the day could not get any better.  Eventually, Equestrian Sailor pulls out green rain boots with whales in size 10!  It was simply meant to be, I was in love.  To sum things up, I ended up with the green rain boots and Equestrian Sailor ended up with not one but two pairs of J. Crew rain boots.  It was fabulous to say the least.  Too bad we never found what we were actually looking for (dresses).  Sadly, that meant more return visits to BCBG(!) and DSW(!!).  And sadly, that meant I bought my first pair of leather sole heels(!!!).

Two years later.  No more rain boots.  Equestrian Sailor's two pairs of rain boots both died a few months ago.  I was hoping mine would hold out and that maybe both her pairs were just flukes.  Today, mine also broke.  Tragic day, a great story had to come to an end and I will forever miss puddle splashing in my green whales.

The end.


Time to go rain boot shopping :D

2 comments:

  1. They only have them in size 5...
    Only other way to get those ones is to order them from Britain.

    shipping = expensive

    ReplyDelete