3.10.2010

Oversized glasses anyone?


Is this trend here to stay? Are people wearing real or fake glasses? I personally have not decided how I feel about the over-sized glasses trend. Everyday I am seeing more and more people at Cornell with over-seized glasses, when I visited Yale in the beginning of February everyone had over-sized glasses. I always want to ask them if they are wearing glasses because they need glasses or if they are doing it because of this trend. Some people are really able to pull this look off and others not so much. It really depends on the structure of your face and also your overall style. It is too trendy to wear them just with certain outfits to look fashion forward. I think if you are looking for a pair of over-sized glasses you need to go in the middle ground, avoid the super over-sized most people just look silly in these. Keep in mind some boys mentions to me that they are unflattering because it makes it harder to see a girls face. Basically, my advice is have fun with this, look super cute nerdy for a day or two. Find a cute pair at the right price, and try it out! Plus, if it doesn't work out, you always have a staple item for a nerdy Halloween or mixer outfit!

3 comments:

  1. maybe I should get those tortoise ones....except they werent as oversized as the ones in the pic.

    the kids at WM havent really jumped onto this bandwagon yet (maybe, good?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is dramatic, but I have seen a wide variety. Try it!

    p.s. Can you please get busy posting, I feel like I have no life here

    ReplyDelete
  3. note -- i would not get these with prescription in them. no way! they are just for fun, no prescription

    ReplyDelete